Nova form and registration

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tricksum

Reaction score
Hello all.
I am about to purchase a nice clean import from the USA after being out of the bus scene for 25 years or so.The vehicle in question has no UK number plate yet.There is the USA documents,import duties have been paid and a Nova form.At this time I have not been informed of the exact date of import but it was 2-4 years ago.Could you please tell me if there are any other documents Required from the seller to make registration straight forward ?
I would not like to purchase a headache regarding registration.
Thanks in advance.

Sounds like you have everything you need from seller,

Pasted from our other forum (Flat4dubs), Ive done a few

Import time wont really matter as long as you have Nova evidence, mine was imported early 2014

To send to DVLA

Original Log book from whatever country (Or dating cert from VW if missing)
Nova Proof or number
Insurance Cert (done on chassis number)
MOT Cert (done on chassis number)
v55/5 form
Cheque for £55 reg fee
Cheque for tax if not tax exempt
Photocopy of both sides of your Card drivers licence.

Oh and cover letter :)

Stick a special delivery prepaid envelope in as well to speed things up. Trust me with DVLA if you go in belts and braces it makes the process a lot quicker.

Ive had one sent back before as the cheque wasn't in my name :roll: , but then again my lambretta one was back in six days!

Got mine ready for when I have the cash to MOT mine!

And yes it needs to be insured and MOT'ed otherwise youll just get everything back in the post

The v55 form can take a while to come (think I waited nearly 2 week) i have a spare if you need one

My insurance won't name it on the policy until it has a UK reg number, so can I not apply for reg no until it has insurance????

Lee C said:
My insurance won't name it on the policy until it has a UK reg number, so can I not apply for reg no until it has insurance????

JK insurance will insure it on the vin number indefinitely and they do salvage retention and agreed value for decent price, and 10% off JK

A lot of classic insurers wont anymore as people just use them to get them registered then either cancel or sell the van.

If your other insurance wont do this, bin them otherwise you cant register it, the DVLA wont accept an application without insurance.

See my post higher up for docs needed

Lee C said:
Spoke to DVLA today, they don't need it to be insured to register it.

Really?! either its changed or there more lax than I thought!

Latest posts