• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Early Bay and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

NOW SOLD ! '67 RHD CREW CAB

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

BO JANGLES

Reaction score
:shock: :shock: I can't believe I'm writing this, but I have a chance to buy another very rare rhd bus.
This is one of , if not the oldest right hand drive double cab Early Bay remaining , we have a letter from The Volkswagen Club of GB, confirming it was built between Aug-Dec '67, so a very rare bus. You can see the restoration thread here http://forum.earlybay.com/viewtopic.php?t=20713" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; It comes with Gerson load bed panels, genuine lower floors (slight mod needed), Schofield lower windscreen sections, sill, cross member etc. NOS lower front panel, NOS sill under rear door, the gates are in excellent condition, all seats are there , as is the rear seat base. It also comes with a large cut from the back of the cab onto the load bed, which you will only need a very small strip, you can see this section in the back, in the early pictures. All the running gear is there although needs, thorough inspection etc. The only two things that are required, that I can think of is a windscreen & an engine, .
I'm looking for £9,000 NOW SOLD :cry: :cry:
Or if you would prefer I could complete the build to your spec, mot'd registered & on the road, which obviously would be by negotiation.
This is how it was when I bought it showing all the early door handles etc that are very rare & still with it.

Right hand drive with all the seats

A large extra cut comes with it

NOS rear corner now fitted

Bare metalled, you can see only needs the lower panel which I have an NOS panel which is included

Very good gates

Gerson load bed included not yet fitted

Offside sills fabricated including NOS section & another for the nearside to go under the rear door

After bare metalling it was then etch primed

then the inner framework & underside were professionally shot blast

This is how it now stands, needing the nearside sill finishing the then onto the floors etc

& the letter from VW GB confirming its very early build date being between Aug & Dec 1967

As said all complete with the exception of a windscreen & engine, so a very rare chance to own an extremely desirable RHD Early Bay double cab.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts