OCTO 2011

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ib-bus

Reaction score
A bit late but here are the pictures of the last OCTO , not too many bays but still a bus only event held in Hungtington Beach, California.
Look up the little article I wrote for this month's Camper & Bus magazine. The show was great and the weather was classic California sunshine in mid February.
I ran into Randy from Old Bug who brought a Mexican VW Hormiga and as you can see the selection was good , from rusty patina rides to shiny restos.

The swap area.

juanatocto029.jpg

juanatocto252.jpg

juanatocto229.jpg

juanatocto198.jpg

juanatocto196.jpg

juanatocto194.jpg

juanatocto168.jpg

juanatocto155.jpg

juanatocto145.jpg

juanatocto136.jpg

juanatocto255.jpg

Randy's Hormiga.

juanatocto161.jpg

juanatocto224.jpg

juanatocto223.jpg

juanatocto218.jpg

juanatocto225.jpg

juanatocto186.jpg

juanatocto185.jpg

juanatocto184.jpg

juanatocto183.jpg

juanatocto179.jpg

juanatocto178.jpg

juanatocto177.jpg

juanatocto193.jpg

juanatocto192.jpg

juanatocto188.jpg

juanatocto201.jpg

juanatocto211.jpg

juanatocto205.jpg

juanatocto206.jpg

juanatocto209.jpg

juanatocto246.jpg

juanatocto239.jpg

juanatocto174.jpg

juanatocto171.jpg

juanatocto167.jpg

juanatocto165.jpg

My little helper Mauricio.

octo026.jpg

octo036.jpg

looks a very cool show with some nice parts ..........loving the og barndoors oooooffff ;)

this one is on my bucket list. i almost made it a few years ago. Some nice splits there and what was randy thinking :D im not sure what to make of that Hormiga. must be really rare? ive never seen one before.

Great pics (looks like cr@p weather though - yet more sunshine....)

That Hormiga is very different - looks like a kit car (van) from the 70's :shock:

Johnny said:
this one is on my bucket list. i almost made it a few years ago. Some nice splits there and what was randy thinking :D im not sure what to make of that Hormiga. must be really rare? ive never seen one before.

You have to do it some day , it's one of my favorites , there is another OCTO in June during the VW Classic weekend at Angels Stadium parking lot , I heard a rumor they may invite all kinds of buses to this one , I really hope this happens.
That Hormiga was only sold in Mexico and the Phillipines I believe , not my cuppa either but they are rare and Randy's is complete and in very good shape.

mister said:
nice pics! and lovely sunshine....is that a barn door ambulance?

That was a Barndoor ambulance indeed , that bus was incredible and all the ambulance bits were present and in mint shape.