• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Early Bay and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

OG Calif '71 Westy Camper + extras PENDING

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

losthillsguy

Reaction score
Original Calif '71 Westfalia Camper + extras. PENDING

I purchased this Westy from the original owners who live in Bakersfield CA. They bought the bus on the tourist program but with a twist. Instead of starting in Germany, they picked the bus up in England and toured the UK before heading over to Continental Europe. It was then shipped back to the US where the bus spent the rest of its life on the West Coast. Most of that time was in Bakersfield where the owner was an English Professor at a local college.

Once the car returned to the US it was mostly used as a family car. A few trips were taken to the local Sierra Nevada mountains and one journey up the coast to the redwoods. Around 1997 the car was parked on the side of the house and was put into semi- retirement. After that it was only driven occasionally. Finally in 2011 the owners decided it was time to let the bus go to someone who could enjoy it.

For a complete 130+ photo album and a video of the engine running and side door operating check out...
http://s186.photobucket.com/albums/x314/losthillsguy/71%20Westfalia%20Camper/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

If you are looking for an original unmolested 1971 Early Baywindow Wesfalia Camper don't let this one slip by. I will be glad to answer any questions, so if you have, any just email me. A more detailed description can be found here...
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=1239912" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

This bus has a clean California title and the registration is current.

4136086.jpg

4136087.jpg

4136128.jpg

4136125.jpg

4136122.jpg

Latest posts