OG style oil gauges

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fat duk

Reaction score
Has anyone made oil pressure and temperature gauges in the style of the original dash gauges like the repro tachometer you can buy. Or has anyone made a sticker to put on the face of a smiths gauge to match the originals?

I’m looking for a pair of gauges for an engine upgrade and would like something to match nicely with the rest of the dash.

Guy had a Porsche oil temp and oil pressure clock for sale on the Facebook page looks really well, but I was to slow and is now sold ,runs from the standard VDO senders as well

That is a good idea and looks neat but I have a rev counter in that space already so was looking for a pair of 52mm gauges in the original style.

Hi fat duk, can I ask what rev counter you used am looking to fit some gauges myself. Ta

Hi, you can get a rev counter from VW Heritage that looks like a factory clock that would be in the right hand pod.
These were also made by aspro on this forum but he no longer makes them I believe.

It would be nice to have some 52mm vdo/smiths oil pressure and temp gauges in the same design as the original vw gauges.

I know you can get them to match beetle and possibly type 3 gauges but not early bay.

Latest posts