Oil Bath Air Filter Help Please

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

davla

Reaction score
I've removed the oil bath air filter for cleaning and have a couple of questions:

First of all there is nothing connected to the lever on the air intake flap. The Haynes manual says it should connect to the bellows thermostat that controls engine cooling flaps...I have no idea where this is or how it connects. A picture or explanation would be appreciated.

Secondly there was no lower air intake hose connected to the airbox that goes through the lower panel so I'm going to install one but what does art connect to underneath if anything? Again a picture would be great.

Thanks in advance

Depends on which year it is? Very early just had a weighted flap but only had a small pre heater hose. Then the flap was operated by a cable from the thermostat flaps with the larger pre heater hose. The went onto the wax capsule operated flap finally the vacuum operated flaps. There should be a pickup pipe protruding through the tinware the hose connects to.

bigherb said:
Depends on which year it is? Very early just had a weighted flap but only had a small pre heater hose. Then the flap was operated by a cable from the thermostat flaps with the larger pre heater hose. The went onto the wax capsule operated flap finally the vacuum operated flaps. There should be a pickup pipe protruding through the tinware the hose connects to.

It's the early type with the manually operated flap. It has a lever on the side of the intake that is obviously meant to be operated by a cable or something but there is nothing connected to it.

This is the type then, the cable ran to a lever operated by the thermostat flaps behind the generator pedestal.

Latest posts