Oil Temp Gauge Sender

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stuster

Reaction score
Hi all

Am I missing something here? Bought this bundle for an oil temp gauge and sender etc http://www.justkampers.com/vdo-oil-temperature-gauge-kit-with-sump-sender.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

However when I fit the sender in the cover plate, it fouls in the oil strainer and you can't screw it in…..am I being daft??

Nope, I had exactly the same issue, I modified (bent) the oil strainer to give clearance.

Not ideal, but effective.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

some oil strainers fit some don't i had the same problem but had a few spares and found one that fitted ok.

I had the same with the bundle I bought. I modded the strainer for clearance but its really annoying. Other options are to buy an aftermarket sump plate with an angled thread insert that clears all strainers, modify your existing sump plate by tapping a second hole to the side of the centre hole (though the metal is thinner than at the centre so maybe weld a thin walled nut in there?) or tap a hole elsewhere. My new case has a dipstick blanking plate (for type 3 engines) so I'll be putting it there. Thread size is M14 x 1.5 in case you're think of going that route.

Neil

Latest posts