Old thread please delete admin

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Looking good, what prep did you do before putting the dinitrol on? Any pics?

I have used the dinitrol myself, in aerosols, I agree it's far far superior to wax oil!

How far back did you sand the engine bay? I need to paint mine as it's pretty grim but was hoping to get away with a jetwash and then a quick sand of the whole lot - I'm too lazy where prep is concerned!

Mark, if it was hot wired maybe the ignition switch itself was breaking down, mine was like that and made it seem like the battery was flat until you jiggled the key and away it went.... Replaced the whole thing with a spare.

gninnam said:
Good save with the indicator switch 8)
Its only after how much (and how crap supposedly) I found out the replacements cost that I thought Id better refurb my old one!

I like it a lot. My ´68 will be the same trim and colour. Any progress I can watch while dreaming about finishing my bus? :)

Great videos (the story got a bit lost in the middle but soon picked up) :lol:

For putting the bearings back, you could use the old bearings as drifts, use a grinder to cut through the old bearing so you can pinch it a bit smaller than the hole it will be going into.
You can then easily drift it in (if that makes sense) :)

Nice one!

Making great progress, looking good!

Think you'll be ready for summer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts