oops i did it again

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

poprivetracer

Reaction score
Hi all this is my latest find :D .its a 69 Irish assembled crew cab ex E.S.B [electricity supply board} it should be light Grey with a Yellow top. its very rusty in all the normal places . dont know when i will get to start on it as i am trying to finish a late bay viking camper . they all take time but its fun doing them :lol: :lol:
image1-80.jpg
image1-82.jpg

love the cut outs in the tailgate, guess its so you can still see the rear lights when its down! :D

how do you know its Irish assembled ? or is this a joke :?
Guess mine is ,heres the keys that came with it
DSC00360.jpg

:lol: :lol:

Hi ground Hugger i knew i had lost my keys where did you find them :lol: :lol: :lol: . Not too sure how many people know this but Ireland was the first country outside of Germany to assemble Volkswagens they started with the beetle in 1950 {afaik} not sure when they started assembling buses {still trying to find out} they came in as C.K.D s and were assembled in Dublin all VW s built in Ireland have shamrocks on the glass { as do alot of other make cars that were assembled here} unfortunately not to many have survived as nobody here was really interested in old VW buses vans or pickups until recently now it seems as if everybody wants one .i was toying with the idea of just getting it running and slamming it we shall see . as for the tailgate yes it was butchered so the lights can be seen when the gate is down . but i have been lucky and found 2 NOS tailgates :D :D

Seen a few American pickups with the cut outs for the lights, might be a rare factory option.
(dont bin it) :wink:

Latest posts