Original Four Pin Front VW Badge Fitting - Advice / Help

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

severn007

Reaction score
Hi Guys, As the title says I'm just after some advice on fitting..... I've managed to get hold of an original four pin metal badge and i'm wondering what the best way to secure this to the front of the van is? Obviuosly the plastic top hat style badge clips which push into the body work and then the badge clips into these is the correct way but it all seems a bit slack / loose to me and easy enough for anyone to pop it off and steel! I thought about trying to thread the pins and get a bolt on the back but where it mounts to the front is double skinned and near on imposible.... Glue or badge tape is another option but I just wanted to run it past people for a second oppinion.... advice / help welcome....

hy mate iv just fitted mine, but i had threaded bits on the back, i siliconed the back of the badge (carefully) placed it on ,and i managed to get the lower nuts and washers on,from the inside, the top ones are almost impossible ,but nobody can nick it now :) lol

hello

i have had them stolen of my bus in the past

so i cut off the four fitted studs at the back of the logo

and i drill four 4mm holes throw the badge

i then used 4mm stainless steel pop rivets to attach the logo

then the thiefs cant get it off or have a hard time trying

good luck

karl

Latest posts