Original Radio

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AGC

Reaction score
Morning All

Have just got an original radio for the van. my question is, how were they originally fitted/supported in the dash. There is no cradle or fixing brackets behind the blanking plate on my dash, should there be?

I bought one of the original VW Sapphire radios, the fitting was so tight it stayed in place without brackets.

AGC said:
Morning All

Have just got an original radio for the van. my question is, how were they originally fitted/supported in the dash. There is no cradle or fixing brackets behind the blanking plate on my dash, should there be?

The nuts on the volume and tuning shafts sandwiched the dash between the front plate and the support plate. Then the back of the radio had a bracket to steady it.

i've got a blaupunk which just slides in and seems to hold itself in place - the fascia plate is bigger than the dash hole but the radio is a tight fit and has sprung sides, pic of the radio in the dash below

That looks very much like the radio ive bought (on the way to me as I write} so should fit a treat :D .... Thanks for the replies guys

Latest posts