OUR 1969 Deluxe

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

john982

Reaction score
Hi All , Just thought i'd add a few pic's of our First EB it's a 1969 Deluxe . I bought it from a guy in Portland , Oregon USA It's currently sat at Seattle Docks and Hopefully will be here for Mid June !! Hopefully do minimum work just so i can use her this summer then Full Resto during Winter .She's pretty solid just needs a few holes in front cab sorting out then good to go .
bus-jag001Small.jpg

bus-jag002Small.jpg

bus-jag003Small.jpg

bus-jag005Small.jpg

bus-jag007Small.jpg

bus-jag011Small.jpg

bus001Small.jpg

Thanks Davebug !! Just can't wait for it to be here so i can get cracking on it !!!!

Yes thats the plan , gonna use it this summer then sort it out over winter time kind of a Rolling Resto !!

I am looking to get all the parts required to MOT her once she arrive's which Headlights do i need as there are 2 types of Headlights or so i'm told ?? also do i need to rewire any side lights ?

Well it's been a Long Time coming But , Our Camper should be here Friday/Sat all being well . Can't wait to get started on her :) .

john982 said:
I am looking to get all the parts required to MOT her once she arrive's which Headlights do i need as there are 2 types of Headlights or so i'm told ?? also do i need to rewire any side lights ?

You'll need to rewire the rear lights.

US style red indicators aren't acceptable for uk MOT

Most of the guys on here either change the rear light units to UK spec. Or you can rewire the reverse lights to flash orange.

Well after a good few weeks waiting it's Finally here !!!
The Body is Pretty Straight needs front floor panels and a couple of patches on lower front panel nothing to Major .I have already bought all the interior panels and new seat cover's from Newton Commercial that are really good quality also got full width Rock n Roll bed just waiting for covers to be made to match rest of Trim .
randompics324.jpg

randompics316.jpg

randompics291.jpg

Well after a few days stripping the Interior out i Managed to get some photos of the Rusted / Holey Floor panels !!!!

randompics337.jpg

randompics336.jpg

After taking the front seats out i found the Original Service Book , Owners Manual which has First delivery address of the Owner back in 1969 and also the Sapphire Radio Manual .......

randompics338.jpg

Well as my Regiment has a long weekend off thought it was a good time to start some welding thought i'd do the Seat Belt mounts First.Still got a few bits to tidy up but overall i'm Happy .....
randompics340.jpg

randompics341.jpg

randompics343.jpg

randompics342.jpg

randompics344.jpg

I Know Analog , Very Lucky the Original manual has enabled me to Order a new set of Keys by the Number in the Book as the keys have gone Awol !!!

Hi All ,
Well not added any pictures for a while so thought I'd show a few now the van is coming along nicely .
random022.jpg

random023.jpg

random024.jpg

random030.jpg

random032.jpg

random036.jpg

random037.jpg

random033.jpg

random034.jpg

mine023.jpg

mine024.jpg

PB061340.jpg

PB061341.jpg

mine018.jpg

random038.jpg

random039.jpg

050.jpg

051.jpg

052.jpg

055.jpg

056.jpg

057.jpg

007-1.jpg

009-1.jpg

019-1.jpg

023.jpg

012-1.jpg

017-1.jpg

018-1.jpg

024.jpg

026.jpg

025.jpg

028.jpg

021-1.jpg

022.jpg

Some very nice work going on there 8)

Dare I ask what the final colour will be??

Hi Andy ,
The van is going to be Pastel White on body with Polar White wheels , bumpers and Roof . Should look quite nice with the Interior I've got for it.

Very tasty 8)

Can't wait to see the finished colour all over ;) (as I am sure you can't)

Yes your not wrong Andy , It's been the best part of a year now !! It's been a busy year at work which doesn't help much lol . Will be done soon enough ready for use straight away :).

Latest posts