Our 1970 Devon "Izzy"

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Welly

Reaction score
Hi all,

After owning late bays on and off for the last 15ish years we finally decided to look for an early bay. I placed a wanted advert in the sale section on here and had a response from "Moseley", a few e mails and texts later and we had found a van the whole family loved. We were a little worried about the 170 mile trip back to York in the terrible weather but all went well with no breakdowns or leaks.
As we had used the money left to us by my late mother in law to purchase the van we decided it is only right to name the van after her ( Isobel ) so meet Izzy .
Here are a few pics from e mails , I shall upload my own as soon as the nice weather comes back.

Congrats! Love the wheels on this and a great colour to boot - look forward to following progress

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OOF look at that green!! I love it!! :mrgreen:

Put some soundproofing to the aluminium roof then made the headlining from 5.5mm hardwood covered with a woolen fabric and a white pattern vinyl. Pretty happy with it and only took a couple of hours to sort. If I did it again though I would put less woolen padding in , toying with taking it down and removing some of it. Was thinking about the kids heads when they sit up in the bunk :D

Looking great Welly.

How did you attach the wood to the roof? My roof is currently bare too and looking at different options to tidy it up.

Ryanmck1984 said:
Looking great Welly.

How did you attach the wood to the roof? My roof is currently bare too and looking at different options to tidy it up.

I drilled small holes through the 5.5mm ply and into the triangular corner brackets on the aluminium roof then just screwed through with self tappers. Seems to of worked pretty well at the moment. The ply, vinyl and padding only cost around £40. Happy really.

Ands1 said:
Can I ask where the rear seat belts are from & cost please.

Thanks Andy

Hi Andy,

Bought them from Just Kampers for combined cost of £92, really easy to fit and come with good fitting instructions.

Not updated for a while so here's a little progress report.

Had a little work done on the gutters

Changed the flooring...

To this

Changed the inside from this

To this

Changed the Devon lining again to this to keep the kids amused

And now we have been to our first festival of the year. Powerfest in York.

Latest posts