Outer Skin Corner Piece. . . HELP!

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Alice71

Reaction score
Hi we're new to the forum and are looking for some HELP!

Im currently repairing our 1971 EB, Alice.
She has a lot of rust damage on the rear corner panels that some one has covered over rather than replace. Having ordered a replacement piece from JK I came to realise that one side sat lower than the other.

Is there anywhere we can find dimensions of certain panels so as to correct this?

Or could someone maybe whilst out cleaning their pride and joy over the weekend perhaps give us the measurement from the bottom of the tail light to underside of panel?!
Your help would be greatly received!!

B,K & A

I'll take a look tomorrow for you.
I take it you have early rear lights?

Rich

Sorry, i forgott :oops:
I'll measure tomorrow and try n log in on the works puter.

Sorry again :oops: .

Rich

Hey don't worry about it, we had a closer look when we were up in the shed tonight. We reckon that it should just be in line with the bottom of the door sill?

But if you still wouldn't mind taking a look and having a measure that would be fab!

Cheers bud

Some of them corner panels aren't a very good fit mind!!!??
You may have a bit of pushing n shoving to get it near where you want it!!!!

If they've already been replaced they usually rust along the top joint, so the new corner repair has nothing to fix to because a deeper repair panel isn't produced.
I used full corner cuts because of this, and the fact that they're not made out of tin foil.

Just measured it anyway :mrgreen: .

Running a dead vertical line down from the bottom screw on the light unit to the bottom edge of the corner its 240mm and 400mm from the top screw.

If thats wrong, please dont tell me as it means my vans bent :lol:

Rich

Another few hours work tonight. I will have a look tomorrow as iv been repairing some rusty parts I think where the battery is positioned. Thanks for those sizes that will help me when I come to the corner skin this weekend.

Cheers

Latest posts