Paint Code Help

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cod_Almighty

Reaction score
I have found the paint I want to get my van sprayed this weekend, all I need to do now is get the paint code.

The colour is the green one, second along...

IMG_4110.jpg

...Any Ideas where i get the code from?

...think thesamba has all the std codes......as to the metallic one :?: :?: just pick a modern car and find the colour that way.......

:mrgreen:

First one could be L46M Apple Green?
http://www.gtbeetle.co.uk/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/DSC00046.JPG
Click cause the picture is massive. Bear in mind your first pic is in direct sunlight which will affect how the colour looks on a photograph.
Second one is deffo a candy or a metal flake.
Try here
http://www.houseofkolor.co.uk/colours4.1_glamour.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The price difference may be your deciding factor!

Also bear in mind all the colours will be affected by camera, lightning and your monitor!

How much extra do you think it could be?

I've just sent an email off to them seeing how much it'll cost.

If I'm going for a full respay I might as well do it properly.

Cheers

Cod

The trouble with a candy is, apart from the material cost, the time and the risk of fucking it up.

Basically you spray a metallic base coat and then the colour coat goes over the top. The amount of colour coats affects the shade. Therefore is you ever need to do a repair or blow in your pretty much shafted. You also need the prep to be spot on so your labour cost will be pretty high.

It wouldn't surprise me if theres like £500+ worth of candy paint there. Plus your looking £2000+ for a respray. And thats not accounting for any other repairs that need to be done prior to priming up.
(and yes we've done more than a handful of buses that "don't need any welding cause its solid" and still spent a couple of days with the welder out before we got anywhere near a spray gun)

Our bus has got a lot of dents and little bit of rust and to have a ful respay and resto, the cheapest quote we got was for £3600. The dearest being £8000!! :shock: :shock:

The guy who is going to do the respray and resto has done a fair bit of work on my dad's bus and the work he has done so far is exceptional. So I am happy to pay that amount.

I've just recieved a quote for £750 for all the materials.

I think I am going to have to go for it, i'll just have to confirm that the bloke at the garage is happy to go ahead with it.

So excited :D :msn4: 8)

Latest posts