• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Early Bay and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Passat SE 1.9 TDi Estate for sale

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Passion 4

Reaction score
Passat SE 1.9 TDi Estate for sale – £500
This is being sold as spares or repair, please read below for all details and look at the pictures for bodywork issues etc.

passat_tdi_est_08_zpsa73de116.jpg

passat_tdi_est_07_zpsc156b7d1.jpg

We have had this Passat SE 1.9 TDi Estate for a few years and it has been a reliable workhorse, and we have used it for numerous trips all over the length and breadth of the UK, making the most of its excellent 50+mpg. It will never win any show and shine competitions, as it has a fair few battle scars that it has picked-up along the way prior to us originally buying it.

It had 3 previous owners prior to us purchasing it, and it came with a fairly extensive history file from new, including the original VW stamped history

Since we have owned it, we have replaced both front and rear discs and pads, as well as replacing both front outer CV joints (02/2011), I also had the cam belt, tensioners and water pump replaced (02/2011), and replaced both upper front suspension arms as well as both front track rod ball joints (01/2012)

MOT 09/11/2013, tax till end of July 2013 (now SORN'd)

Unfortunately about 7 or 8 months ago, the turbo stopped working on the car, and after speaking with a local mechanic, he thought it could just be a case of the turbo 'sticking', but not being a mechanic myself, it was an 'uneconomic repair' at the time. The car continued to work fine, albeit being a bit gutless on hills, but still giving great 50+mpg!

We continued to use the estate in its non-working turbo state for the last 7 or 8 months, but one morning last week, the Passat starter turned over, but failed to start for the first time ever in our ownership? I have recharged the battery etc. but we still cannot get the Passat to start, although it has no issues turning over, the engine just does not catch?

As I'm not a mechanic, I have no idea what the issue might be, it could be something simple, but I do not have access to any diagnostic equipment to plug in and see if any issues are highlighted. However I have finally decided to get another car to replace the Passat now, hence it is now up for sale as spares or repair.

Current mileage is 216,821

The Passat still has just over half a tank of diesel in it, but currently as it is not starting, it will need to be trailered away. I can give you a number of a reliable person that can do this if required.

fuel_zps139f69e2.jpg

The interior is the dark grey/black velour finish and is in reasonable condition with no rips or tears. I will be removing my Alpine head unit and subwoofer, but the excellent in car component speaker system will be left in place, so just hook up a head unit and you will enjoy a great sound in the car!

Fronts seats and dash
front_seats_01_zpseb668211.jpg

Rear seats with all three rear seat belts
rear_seats_zps086adbcb.jpg

The rear boot still has the original load cover (very useful) and has a massive load carry capacity! One of the hydraulic support struts on the rear door has lost pressure so that the rear door is not self supporting when opened.

Cracked outer casing of drivers side rear light unit
passat_tdi_est_09_zps2cb11bcf.jpg

Passenger side rear panel dented
passat_tdi_est_03_zpse6fc6fa5.jpg

Stone chips and paint peel on the front bumper and bonnet
passat_tdi_est_05_zps0459f0b6.jpg

Drivers side mirror with cracks, but still usable
mirror_zpse899c6ab.jpg

Drivers side vent with missing/broken directional fins
vent_zpsf16ab3f1.jpg

Way overpriced im afraid to say dude! As an ex passat owner, I know how cheap these motors go for when in a good condition and running. I had the same motor, same sort of mileage, but mine had a lot done to it, and was in excellent condition. I only got £1200 for it, with a full MOT. The wheels on it alone were worth £600!!
Im afraid In that current sate, with the dents, paint peel, and most importantly as a none runner, im afraid its only worth scrap value :-(
£120 @ best

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news my friend.....

--------------------------------
Own a Bay?......Feel the love!

Foz said:
Way overpriced im afraid to say dude! As an ex passat owner, I know how cheap these motors go for when in a good condition and running. I had the same motor, same sort of mileage, but mine had a lot done to it, and was in excellent condition. I only got £1200 for it, with a full MOT. The wheels on it alone were worth £600!!
Im afraid In that current sate, with the dents, paint peel, and most importantly as a none runner, im afraid its only worth scrap value :-(
£120 @ best

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news my friend.....

--------------------------------
Own a Bay?......Feel the love!

No probs, thanks for the feedback! Seems a shame to scrap it... :(

Latest posts