Perfect stance??

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

j.nathan

Reaction score
Is this the perfect stance? IMHO it's not far off. I'm not into the radical nosedown look
but with the weight of the driver, this should look just right.
beauvwzn3.jpg

What ya reckon?

I agree :wink: once driver in all will be good 8)

You're right, it does look good. I think I'd maybe go for a slightly taller rear tyre...

P3130019.jpg

nowhere near low enough for me - there's a gap between the top of the front tyre and the bottom of the wheelarch... a real no-no as far as i'm concerned.

plus, the tyres are far too 'rubber bandy' for me; they look disproportionately small for the overall size of the vehcle, if that makes sense ?

i know all about scrublines, so if you want to get real low you have to have low-pro's, but the lower you get the more of the tyre is hidden away by bodywork so you can get away with it.

also, i'm sure it's great at that ride height for speed bumps, pot-holes, camping, whatever - you just asked if it was the perfect stance :wink:

*no*

Mine is perfect. Perfect for me that is - handles the huge speedramps on my roads easily
and laughs at the various potholes supplied and installed by the council, but is low enough to run with all the cool kids. :lol:

DSC00478-1.jpg

Note the fat rear tyres for popping wheelies. ;)

the councillor said:
EgoTrippin said:
Definitely not that one :wink:
it's the only slammed red bay i can think of :?

you alright steve ? i've been mithering clements to 'lead' us to sweden next summer... feel free to join in with subtle pestering via PM :wink:

Yeah I'm good thanks :) Sweden eh? Might be up for that 8)

mcvw said:
You're right, it does look good. I think I'd maybe go for a slightly taller rear tyre...

P3130019.jpg

Hey, your Bus sits just like mine, maybe yours is a tad lower at the front. You running drop spindles?

i find myself ageeing with councillor on the rubber band tyres

especially the rear, your top end cruising speed will suffer with those on the rear, will be reving its nuts off at 50mph id guess

i prefer a taller rear tyre myself

S5001195-1.jpg

no offence; it's your bus, you do what you want, mine's in bits etc. etc. but why those tyres on the front ?

i can't see any possible benefit ?

there's miles of clearance, it's not particularly low and it must play havoc with your speedo reading ?

is it just that you like the look of the tyre ?

genuinely interested 8)

AxlFoley said:
Joval - that is nice, whats the spec, including tire sizes ?

Cheers. :wink:

Front - 165/65 on 4.5J Flat4s, Red9 4" coilover kit
Rear - 205/70 on 5.5J Flat4s, 2 splines, notched plates, H/D front shocks.
25mm adapters all 'round.

Latest posts