Performance carburettor

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DevonJay

Reaction score
Hi I have a stock 1969 westy and I am interested in upgrading my carburettor was wondering what everyone else has done ?
Does anyone have any good advice on this subject ?
Thanks in advance
Jay

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

Hi Jay, I`ve got twin weber`s on mine, if you has everything stock, I think any gain from twin carbs or a carb upgrade will be minimal unless your carb is buggered already, there is a lot to be said for the stock set up, but,,, twin carbs look pretty don`t they. :lol:

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, So !! that`ll be two to go wrong then !! :lol: ;) :lol:

No the carb isn't buggered, just fancy a bit more power for the hills down in Devon

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

Also converted mine from single to twin carb setup
Its fairly involved to complete though so give yourself a few days to install everything

Have a read on my thread - took loads of pics of the conversion

http://forum.earlybay.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=44243&start=580" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Was a great improvement although not a cheap experiment 8)

if you have a stock 69 does that mean its still singleport?

another option apart from the twin 34's that StuF did is a 32/36 weber which is an easier upgrade. that and electronic ignition gives a nice little pep up

I would not go with the 32/36 progressive weber setup personally.
I little pair of twins helps by the fuel/air mixture not having to travel as far to get into the heads. This means less fuel falling out of atomisation onto the manifold sidewalls. Better atomisation means better fuel burn.
Once you have had a well set up pair of twins you won't go back.
Put up a pick of your manifold to see if it is a single port. If totally original it should be.

I would speak with Graham at Rawspeed in Plymouth,

He is a lovely gent and knows carbs and VW very well, also they have a rolling road so can tune things up perfectly!

http://www.rawspeedtuning.co.uk/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Latest posts