Pertronix into T25 dizzy?

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Porkpie

Reaction score
Morning guys, just after a bit of advise with electronic ignition. I have a bosche distributor from a T25 2.1 that had the factory fitted electronic ignition fitted, I don't have the rest of the bits or loom so the plan was to fit a pertronix upgrade. The numbers on the dizzy are; 0237 022 053 and 025 905 205N.
Has anyone done anything similar or any advise please, I would like to keep the use of the original dizzy because of the better quality.
Looking forward to seeing what this brings.

Regards, Si.

You only need the ignition module, probably cheaper that a pertronix, iv got a good used one and a coils and loom too if you want the go that way

Thanks I'll bear that in mind. I was thinking that the 30 years of technical development between the two types of ignition would ensure greater reliability from the pertronix?

Regards, Si.

Porkpie said:
Thanks I'll bear that in mind. I was thinking that the 30 years of technical development between the two types of ignition would ensure greater reliability from the pertronix?

Regards, Si.

Doubtful, quality old is better than cheaper new, vws was specifically designed for the application. See how you get on , make sure the advance unit works on the dizzy