Pertronix

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chrisby

Reaction score
I tried to fit one today without any joy.The problem is I cant get the rotor arm far enogh down the dissy shaft.I put the mag.collar on as directed,so it locates on the shaft and pushed it down.I think the rotor arm may be the problem as its the brown Bosch type ,which seems to have a very deep body as apposed to the black ones.Anyone with any ideas.
Thanks Chris

I haven't fitted one of these ,but it sounds like you either need a new rotor arm or shave a bit off the bottom of the one you've got.

I had the same problem with my kit. With a little perseverance and some brute force and determination it pushed down far enough in the end. (Hope i never have to remove it!). On initial start up it ran like a sack of poo but once the timing had been adjusted and a few minor adjustments its much better. Its a bit rough as its warming up and wont tick over til its warm but starts so much better than before and once up to temp runs fine and is much more economical.
(im running twin Dell'orto FRD34Bs with no auto choke.)
Good Luck

Try it with the lobes and collar lined up and if not rotate the collar 90 degrees and try again, it will snap on when lined up correctly ;)

Thanks for the replys,will have another try when time allows. Interesting what has been said ,I thought that because it located on the cam and pushed down, that was it. I will have to have a measure up to see if it is fully down. Thanks all :) :?

Even after it has located, it needs a bit of a twist at the end to get it right down. Good luck !

Latest posts