Petrol pump keeps cutting out when filling up with petrol?

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

davla

Reaction score
Is it just me or does anyone else have trouble with the petrol pump keeping cutting out when filling up? Any advise welcome on how to prevent this happening pls as getting a bit peed off with it :x

Yep, I have the same! I just insert the nozzle only an inch or two into the filler tube, and have no issues then. Just need to keep an eye on the level as it can easily be filled right to the brim of the filler doing it this way. I can normally tell when it is starting to get full as the petrol starts to back up a bit as it flows in.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Try turning the fuel nozzle round until you get a sweet spot where it flows best,however our old buses won t fill as quick as your modern motor

yeah I find if I only insert the nozzle maybe 3 to 4 inch and aim the 'gun' to about 7 o clock if you imagine the filler neck as a clock face, this allows me to fully pull the trigger and no cutting out, but like previously stated keep an eye on the level!
L

lemur said:
yeah I find if I only insert the nozzle maybe 3 to 4 inch and aim the 'gun' to about 7 o clock if you imagine the filler neck as a clock face, this allows me to fully pull the trigger and no cutting out, but like previously stated keep an eye on the level!
L

I adopted this method today and it filled with no problem. It doesn't help that my fuel gauge isn't working.

davla said:
lemur said:
L

I adopted this method today and it filled with no problem. It doesn't help that my fuel gauge isn't working.

This is how I do it too. I also think some busses have a slightly different sweet spot and some pumps may be slightly more energetic too. When I first read the original post, I thought you were rattling on about a lecky fuel pump cutting out on your motor, so I though, that can’t be and that you must be a little daft, but as usual it’s me that’s the daft one :oops: :oops: :oops: .

Ozziedog,,,,,,,, nuffink changes :mrgreen: :oops: :mrgreen:

Ozzie it’s not just you, I read it that way first as well [emoji23]

Now I have had lots of practice filling up my Westy at the petrol station, I always stop filling when the pump clicks off the first time. I don’t like to fill to the ‘brim ‘. I imagine if I over-fill it the excess petrol will drain away onto the floor underneath the hot engine ! [emoji28][emoji28]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Latest posts