Petrol smell - charcoal filter removal

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shoddy

Reaction score
Hi All,

Just had my rebuilt engine re-united with bus. Posted on here a couple of months back re removing the charcoal filter and opinions were u can just get rid.

Since getting bus back I can smell petrol both inside bus and around rear of bus when it's sat in garage. No sign of any fuel leaks and all fuel lines/hoses have been replaced.

I'm now wondering if I should re-fit the charcoal filter. Is this outlet; located top right of engine bay, that connected to charcoal filter possibly the culprit??

Surely I'm not the only one to remove the charcoal filter, so what have other people done with the outlet? Or have they never noticed any petrol smell?

Cheers
Craig

http://i1369.photobucket.com/albums/ag206/shoddy73/017E2B4A-E15C-4F47-9E51-5F0E6C2B8C2F_zps7bze7e6s.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Have you connected remaining pipes back to top of carb? If not then your venting petrol fumes and potentially petrol into the engine bay. As well as the pipe you mention there should be one running from left to right of the engine bay. This has a small section of rubber hose (often missed) behind the spare wheel well, this is connected directly to the tank.
Obviously don't drive the vehicle until this is sorted as the risk of fire is great

Latest posts