Pics of our 68 Bay

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

angus

Reaction score
Ahhh - went home to parents to do more work on the van and picked up a load of old pictures so I can get a travel section up on our website. In the mean time, I'll post some here. Happy, happy memories......
sunflower_2.jpg

French roadside, Summer 92

camp3.jpg

South of France '92

mont.jpg

Mont Saint Michael '91

church1.jpg

Northern France '98

scot1.jpg

Scotland, Great Glen '91

camp4.jpg

Spot the Camper! St Malo '94

camp2.jpg

FIRE!!

:)

wish I still had the camper I had back in the early 90's :cry:

actually, no i don't it was sheeite!

it's great that you have loads of old pics angus, it seems to be a well travelled van 8) :D

Amazing thing is how old the pics look!! Pre-digi cam I guess. It only seems like yesterday - the 90's weren't that long ago were they? Blimey - am I old now!! :D

Van has indeed done the miles - the pic below is a close up of a canvas I painted to go in the van - it was an old bed cover, and I used it to 'block' the hole of the pop top and give a 'ceiling' when it wasn't popped up, if you see what I mean - has some of the travels on it, including the biggie all around Europe.... it got wet in the last few weeks and started to go a bit mouldy, but I think it will wash off....

map.jpg

Nice pics chap! Maddest paint line round the van ever :D

way cool,

how long did your summer 92 trip take, looks like you got a big chunk of europe done there.

this summer plans are to head to south of france, looking for prospective places to live. will prob move over in a couple of years i just need to learn the language and try work out what i can do over there

France, i'm going to head over there in a couple of years and get one year to eigtheen months under my belt in Frech kitchens.

If your a chef, France is on par with the best place to work in the world along with the UK. In some peoples eyes probably better.

As long as you have been working in top quality restaurants at star level all your life and not your local pub than your pretty much guaranteed a job at any place you could go for an interview in the world.

great piccies! we're off over europe for a month in june on honeymoon. lots of camping sites etc. i imagine alot like some of your pictures.

You are soo lucky to have that much history with your van!
Well done and look forward to more info and piccys :D

Cheers for your comments guys - trip was about 6 weeks if I remember correctly - van didn't let us down once - I'll save the write-up for the website!
That paint line came 'with the van' - it is actually blue hammerite and followed the sills and the seam where the rear wheel arch was welded (above the rear wheel) and rust had obviously started to show through - funny how odd the van looked when I got rid of it later - I had got used to it - protected the sills brilliantly though...

Anyway - some more pics for you!

InstManual_1.jpg

InstManual_2.jpg

InstManual_3.jpg

...and on the back of that page...

InstManual_4.jpg

Great to still have these in the handbook which came with the van!

love it man :lol:
very nice that you have some history of the camper 8)
enjoy it that's the most important thing :wink:

Cheers mate - I always do! Bought the van in about 91 in order to come over to you in Antwerpen, where I studied for a term...subsequently the van spent many months over there when re-visiting - I'll have to get some of those Belgian pics up soon....

..will do!
yes, I thought that was funny - seems the quality of some non-original parts has been crap for some time!! :D

Latest posts