Pictures of ply roof lining on windscreen edge?

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Manxfella

Reaction score
I've just ply lined the rear 2 sections of my bus, however I'm having problems with the cab section.

How far forward does the ply come & does it run in the groove of the sun visor across the front screen & also how does it sit around the rear view mirror?

If be grateful for some pictures of a nice neat installation.

Can believe how straight forward the rear sections were to fit - they flew in!

Thanks.

mine sits below the metal lip and with is curved so that it well - kind of just works with the visors and mirrors. Are you cutting it or have you got one thats been made from a template?

if working with one thats already cut to shape then id suggest putting your visors in and marking their outline with some masking tape and a pencil. take them back out and place the ply up and in. I had to shuffle mine backwards a couple of times to create some clearance. also, take the opportunity to put some sound deadening in the roof, i put some lambswool insulation in there too

no chance of me taking a photo at the moment, but found one part way through the install (bit rubbish though)

I'm making it from scratch.
I rolled out some wallpaper & stuck it to the roof to make the rough template, then just trimmed away once the basic dimensions were cut. As I said, the rear sections were easy, but the front??

Much easier when you can see somebody else's fitment.

I don't want to cut my last sheet of ply in the wrong place, so if you get chance to take a couple of pics, that would be great.

Cheers,

These photos from my install might help you.

headlining8.jpg

headlining1.jpg

Have you got any of it installed? Ideally just showing the part along the windscreen edge with the sun visor & rear view mirror cutouts?

Latest posts