piece of shit (71 westy)

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi,

I kinda missed the start of the thread, now subscribed, looking forward to seeing progress, it's gonna be awesome - loving the deckchair 8)

If i didn't know any better, i wouldn't have guessed the scrapyard was in the US, will all the green and the trees, it could have been in the UK, not a dry state?

Cheers,

Alistair

Washington :? it's only been in the UK for 2 weeks, but like you say proper green tree sap all over it. Its solid tho :D needs about 5 pieces welding, not had the belly pans off yet, but from what I can see its all good :D

dubscum said:
Washington :? it's only been in the UK for 2 weeks, but like you say proper green tree sap all over it. Its solid tho :D needs about 5 pieces welding, not had the belly pans off yet, but from what I can see its all good :D

Hi,

Looks good, only a few patches. Mine was originally shipped to Washington DC, but ended it's life in San Lorenzo, California, so i guess that kept mine rust free.

What plans do you have for the insides?

Did you sell your old bus? I miss the weekly wheel colour change....... ;)

Cheers,

Alistair

is said:
Just been from Page 1 to Now looks well Cool bud ;)

cheers bud :D

AIR_CHILLED said:
Nice slam job mate, may I ask how much it owes you including getting the notches done, narrowed beam etc or did you do most of the work?

mike.

slamwerks did the work mate, I can't say what I paid but give them a bell. I sold my old bus for £6750 and I've not dipped in my pocket .............. yet :D

aogrady said:
dubscum said:

Hi,

Looks good, only a few patches. Mine was originally shipped to Washington DC, but ended it's life in San Lorenzo, California, so i guess that kept mine rust free.

What plans do you have for the insides?

Did you sell your old bus? I miss the weekly wheel colour change....... ;)

Cheers,

Alistair

sold my old bus mate, it was cool but had no character and I get bored easy, that's where the weekly wheel colour change came from :p I'm gonna strip the interior not sure if if I'm gonna re paint it as it's been painted black, swapping the wardrobe and 2/3 r/r and head locker for a full size rock and roll bed and full size head locker. New canvas for the roof and re upholster the bed and seats the same colour

if proof was ever need (it's not!) hoarding stuff rules ! I found all the things to service it, a belly pan (I'm gonna spray red or brown so it leave's a skid mark on the road) and other little bits and bob's I need but don't have to buy 8)
fc897fc6.jpg

first job sit in it and pretend were driving with added side effects
c1717b5d.jpg

dirty bastard :evil:
fd69b29f.jpg

db024948.jpg

96465890.jpg

404632b0.jpg

I don't think anyone saw this coming, with anywhere to get parts on a Sunday, I cleaned it :shock:
6f80ba57.jpg

8cd6a0c5.jpg

staff
3e0094ef.jpg

it's seen some sun
11958b17.jpg

I'm so happy with it, it's solid. It's not paper thin metal :D the way the door close, the way I can see metal and it's not got rust on it ......... I like the how it's turned out clean and I think I love it :oops: 4hrs bottle of cleaner bucket after bucket and it clean, I was gonna polish it then it pissed down so that's a job for tomorrow after work
f2f2b967.jpg

10f1a588.jpg

a564294f.jpg

35bc3035.jpg

3963f092.jpg

81ab1492.jpg

ac92bfe6.jpg

Latest posts