ply-wood roof lining templates

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is how I did my headlining, pretty straight forward apart from the cab section!

http://my1969vwmicrobus.blogspot.co.uk/2013/05/fitting-my-birch-ply-headlining.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Just a thought guys but if someone has a kit they can make a template with could you not tape mtr wide masking paper together mark and cut out ,could then be folded and posted on .gunna be doing mine in the very near future so could do with a template myself :D

it would be great if someone did have a full size copy on paper they could send out for the cost of postage.

im willing to pay for this.

I've got one ! Certainly willing to pass it on after I finish with it. Coincidentally (I've had the templates 3 years) my birch arrived today so if it's dry Tomo will get cutting.

Barkafer said:
Where did you source your birch buddy? I had sourced some last year but lost the details

Oops sorry! Double posted by mistake :oops:

Lathams timber. I've made the task a little tougher though as I went for a 10x5 so it will be 1 piece. Il see how I get on

Nigel

Same here if you do get a set done. Bought my ply from Lathams also, Around £15 a sheet and I bought 3, in case I drop a brick..... :lol:

rite, been on the phone for some time downin kent for 3mm ply supplies :? best price i have found is £20 plus vat per sheet for 5x5 .i was hopeing to find a supplier of 10x5 local but no joy ,working on these prices plus del i think it would be cheaper to buy te kit of ebay unless anyone local knows of another supplier. i did manage to find 3mm 8x4 sheets £14.00 per sheet ,has anyone done it wth the smaller sheets :) as this would work out at a better price

Brain has just caught up with my thumb.... about to order some boards for work and we use Timbmet

phone, 01865 860362

Has anybody bought the ebay roof lining sheets?
For the price, it's hardly worth the hassle of making your own - providing they fit?

Question is, what are they like and do they fit?

Right well here goes nothing, am I brave or just stupid attempting this in a oner! wish me luck

era9ybyv.jpg

R&R, there are so many reasons that that, is going to be a pain in the arse to get it to fit :lol: bless you for giving a shot in public and all power to your elbow... let us know how it goes.

You've 'got your big balls on' fair play dude! :D

I was nervous before I made this :mrgreen:

sometimes you gotta have a go! keep pics coming and good luck!!
Liam

trinketpimp said:
R&R, there are so many reasons that that, is going to be a pain in the arse to get it to fit :lol: bless you for giving a shot in public and all power to your elbow... let us know how it goes.

My inspiration is Davebugs bus

asasubuv.jpg

5e5a8a6u.jpg

Looks sweet doesn't it?

Let's see if I can pull it off. Yours looks sweet Liam and if I don't pull this off il be copying your thread!

Il update as I go this week

Nigel
Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

rockandrollcamper said:
trinketpimp said:

My inspiration is Davebugs bus

asasubuv.jpg

5e5a8a6u.jpg

Looks sweet doesn't it?

Let's see if I can pull it off. Yours looks sweet Liam and if I don't pull this off il be copying your thread!

Il update as I go this week

Nigel
Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

:shock: one piece that looks cool 8)

Latest posts