ply-wood roof lining templates

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

trinketpimp

Reaction score
Come on, fes up, who's got them....... still waiting my turn but they seem to of gone to ground !

Yer ...... Me !

Was gonna sell them , Just not getting the time and haven't found a roll of paper big enough to send them out !

:roll:

9umypa2y.jpg
If your close to Benfleet Essex I have original used headliner that could be used for template or if you have a very ratty Westy then you could maybe reused

Back and front parts for early Westy pop top.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A fine offer but am after Lemurs templates that he ran the thread on, any templates would help though..... ?

I only wish I'd made duplicates now, I think the chain has been broken :( I sent them on to 'buxtonbug' but I'm sure I read he'd sold his bus or the like....

trinketpimp said:
Any fear you could pop them out and do a set... :)

haha ha...good one :lol:

I couldn't believe I managed to get the in without any damage! sorry bud but they staying put...
here's hoping they'll show up somewhere for you!
Lemur

Worth a shot.... we have some fat card at work so I think I'll give it a go. Have seen someone selling them on Flea-bay for a fat price given the price of the ply and a cnc program...

How did you get on with the floor project ?

trinketpimp said:
Worth a shot.... we have some fat card at work so I think I'll give it a go. Have seen someone selling them on Flea-bay for a fat price given the price of the ply and a cnc program...

How did you get on with the floor project ?

Yeah I saw the ply on flea bay too for £110 :lol: day light robbery!

Floor all finished now and looking nice.. I'll update my build thread soon as i can... all work and no play at the mo..

I've got a set of templates and a plotter at work, so next week I'll run off some paper and trace it if you like? keep the ball rolling. I could scan it in too and upload a PDF- with a couple of reference dimensions because it'll never print out exactly the right size. only problem is the amount of A4 paper folk'll end up using sticking it all back together ;-)

I'd be very interested too! also have a plotter at work and can probably run off a number of copies if someone can get me a 1:1 scale .pdf or a proper .dwg file

right guys i have a template skidsurf really kindly made me i can copy that for someone? will be a4 sheets stuck together tho?

I'll be happy with anything for a starting point..... a good cross-section with a view to a mean average could be the way to go though...

Hi,

i've found some templates shared on a French VW Camper forum

hope it could help for a starting point ( not tested by myself ), sizes in milimeters ;-)

it's for a Tin Top

the green zones means to adjust, only the middle part is perfect rectangular

i'm looking for the other templates : doorcards, kick panels, if some one has in Pdf or dwg

sorry for my bad writting, i'm french :oops:

sylbert29 said:
Hi,

i've found some templates shared on a French VW Camper forum

hope it could help for a starting point ( not tested by myself ), sizes in milimeters ;-)

it's for a Tin Top

the green zones means to adjust, only the middle part is perfect rectangular

i'm looking for the other templates : doorcards, kick panels, if some one has in Pdf or dwg

sorry for my bad writting, i'm french :oops:

The ``Bad Writing `` is not a problem, I`m guessing that you can write in English a whole lot better than I can write in French, because I can not speak or write in French :oops: :oops: :oops:
Do not worry about how you write :mrgreen: At least you `are` writing and trying to help which is great. :mrgreen:
This is another job that I have on my list of jobs I must do sometime, I`m thinking that when I do get onto this this winter, I`ll maybe just pay the £110 and get it from Mr E Bay, unless someone on here wishes to take up the challenge and I`ll buy it from them :idea: Any takers ;) So I`m gonna get a set , but if it`s from here or else where , I just don`t mind. If someone wants to do a bit of a deal with me then I`m all ears (that means I am listening) ;) So I pay for the panels, get them delivered to someone, who could copy them for their cnc and then we could have one or two or maybe more saved programs to churn these out if ever needed. Food for thought ;)

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,,,,,, Anyone ?????????? :mrgreen:

I got a pack of white paper last night, will make a set of stencils tonight, those drawings good or u still want these?

Welcome aboard chaps, bought the ply ready and am going to give it a go in One form or another over the next few weeks, IF, the workshop that has my van EVER gets the paint on it... if you beat me then bear me in mind and if I manage to sort it, I will template as I go and share with pleasure, as there seems to be a want.....

Try
Wingnut
Post subject: Westfalia Ply Roof TemplatePostPosted: 14 May 2014 11:10

Year of Van: 1971
Van Type: Westy
Full size paper template for headliner. This can be used on both LHD and RHD buses. The template will be for a sunroof/pop top but can easily be made for tin top by not cutting the sunroof section and by using 3 large pieces of ply or plastic instead of 2 large and 2 infills for the sides.
Templates Inc P&P £15

Looks like he can help!'
Paul

Latest posts