Polishing deluxe trim

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shoddy

Reaction score
Hi

Seems like removing my deluxe trim and giving it what I imagine is its first ever polish is a good winter job to do! Is it just a case of various grades of wet and dry then some autosol?

Cheers
Craig

It's coated/anodised from new so isn't that simple. Once you've got rid of that top layer then you'll have to polish it forever!

i used a dremel with a soft wool disc on and autos to polish up my ratty deluxe trim, as above it looks like new where the coating has come off as the bare metal is now polished, but also, where the factory coating is it has stayed dull. its going on a patina so i'm happy with my 70% improvement in shine :lol:

hope this helps
sam

Thanks chaps. Undecided on leaving it be. Mine shows its battle scars and it's sounding like polishing the trim could turn out to be a time consuming job!

Two pieces out of all of the trim on my bus have lost the coating and I'm forever having to polish it to keep the shine like the rest of the trim

Could you polish them and then treat them with one of the ceramic paint sealant systems that offer 2+ years of continuous protection? I've never looked into their suitability on metals but I can't see why it wouldn't work.

Sent from my C55 using Tapatalk

Latest posts