• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Early Bay and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Pop too roof unit for sale

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bluelighttaxidriver

Reaction score
Mot on my earlybay runs out end of next week, and so the restoration mission starts... :)
Decided to go tintop, so the pop top is going.
Had the van for just over two years, probably raised the roof no more than three times. Bellows look almost unused, no tears, no leaks. Admittedly everything would benefit from an afternoon with soap & water, and it would come up lovely.
Only downside is on the inside where the muppet before me tagged his name with paint. I always had surfboards suspended from the ceiling, so never saw it...!!
Not sure of value, but need funds towards a cover & welder, so will say £120...?
I'm in east Cornwall, not far from Plymouth.
Cheers. Steve. 07590 605509

56833347-31e3-fb08.jpg
56833347-31f6-e36c.jpg
56833347-3209-0a95.jpg
56833347-3219-a46e.jpg
56833347-3229-fa22.jpg
56833347-323b-fee0.jpg
56833347-324e-da1f.jpg
56833347-3261-6c78.jpg
56833347-3274-5854.jpg

Hi Steve

Shame about the paint, but hey ho. Could you tell me the dimensions of the hole in your bus roof that this caps please? If a good fit for ours, I might be tempted to make you an offer, as I about to remove a hightop and am on the look out for pop top, preferable Devon.

K

I'm interested too if above doesnt want it!
Can you see any light through the bellows when it's up?
Also what years your van?
Cheers

Hi. Will measure the opening in the roof tonight when I get home.
As the bellows are white, you get mild light through, they're not blackout or anything. My van started life as a '71 panel van, so windows and top would have been added at some later point....
Many thanks.... :)

The physical opening in the roof is approximately 208cm long, by 107cm wide. The hole cut would have been approx 10cm smaller, as they lipped it upwards to form the frame that the wooden section screws onto...
Assume it's a standard size aftermarket unit...
Hope that helps... :)

Sounds a perfect fit for my van. Can we shake hands on £120 cash on collection on the basis that I'll need a couple of weeks to make arrangements? I am Stoke. Going to Vanfest by any chance?

Kev

Consider it shaken... :)
Afraid I'm not doing vanfest, sorry. Will keep it on the van till then, cos it's bloody heavy...!
Nice one, thanks. Will pm my address when I get home to a pc. Don't think I can on iPhone....

Ah.... Just pm'd you from the boss' office... :) If you can't read it for any reason, my number is 07590 605509.
Speak soon.

Latest posts