Pop top canvas tip!

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KateLovesPurple

Reaction score
Year of Your Van(s)
Van Type
Danbury
Just thought I would let you know of a nice bit of money saving advice.

After pricing up some replacememnt aluminium strip to do the canvas on my danbury roof I thought I would look for something else as I was quoted £32 for the aluminium!! Me being a cheapskate I wasn't going to pay that. Anyway, after dragging the wife and kids around numerous DIY stores I came across some plastic strip in B&Q that I though would be perfect. It is UPVC window edge trim, 25mm wide by 2.5 meters long priced at £1.28 each!! £5.12 in total!!

I did the roof today and it works perfectly.

Nearly £27 saved, can't be bad.

any photos , as i have a danbury and i need to sort out the poptop,. so any pic mite help me.
Thanks Andy

andys said:
any photos , as i have a danbury and i need to sort out the poptop,. so any pic mite help me.
Thanks Andy

No worries, I'll get some up here soon for you.

crosser said:
where did you get the new canvas as im struggling to find anyone that sells it... thanks

Its not new I'm afraid, what with me being a tight arse! I bought a whole second hand roof and transplanted the lot!

If you want a new one, try here.

Campershop

crosser said:
where did you get the new canvas as im struggling to find anyone that sells it... thanks

http://www.campershop.co.uk usuall seel all things poptop, new bellows etc

sorry didnt see the above link

madman said:
andys said:
Thanks Andy

No worries, I'll get some up here soon for you.

Thanks , and thanks for the like to the camper shop, thats going to help some day soon. :)

Latest posts