Poptop seals

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

danovan

Reaction score
I know this must have been discussed before regarding poptop seals on a Devon
BUT here goes Have received the seals from just campers which fit between the aluminium top section and fibreglass body . Is it possible to remove a portion of the seal at a time and feed in with the new seal ? If not will anything be be connected to the aluminium top section ie the roof lining if I take the whole aluminium top out Thanks in advance

Not sure which bit you’re asking about - the seal between the aluminium trim and fibreglass is just a skirt seal to prevent water getting in whilst the roof is down. This just pulls off with the roof raised and a new one pushed into place. The other seal goes between the aluminium trim and the sheet aluminium centre section. This is all that joins these two pieces together, and realistically needs the roof removing from the van to replace it. Not too hard to do as you can disconnect the springs and then just unscrew the trim that holds the canvas down around the bottom edge. It should all lift off as one then.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

just done ours and was not most enjoyable job; if helps I removed old seal cleaned it all up and then fitted M6 nuts/bolts and penny washers to hold roof into shape then fitted new seal removing M6s as I went round. This holds the shape easier as whichever other way I tried I had to walk away cursing threatening to buy a T6........... will upload pics from phone later

Thanks for the replies
Will give it a go tomorrow. The seal of just campers is item J11346

Got our seal and vinyl from woolies tried Custom and C but were not as good or as wide. Good luck
d3660d3521c12843b6d7d5e84e61c43d.jpg
b88c5622d3657e5f2788c5471e66e8e1.jpg
176b2ee4b73320ebdc93d19a67bcad93.jpg

Sent from my SM-J510FN using Tapatalk

Latest posts