POR - 15

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kosytoes

Reaction score
Anybody used this stuff on their van or had any experience with it?

I've used it several times. It's brilliant. Takes every bit of moisture out and makes the metal solid. Take off loose rust but then just paint over it. I'd certainly recomend it.

Yep just used it in my van, really good stuff, wear gloves and don't breath it in.

Yep, used it a few times and happy with the results, as stated above don't get it on your hands!!

Good stuff. everyone is correct about don't get it on your hands - it wont harm you, but you can't get it off. I did not realise that I had a split in my glove and my thumb and part of my hand were black for nearly a week! :roll:

Excellent stuff I'm using it at the moment on my resto and will be coating all my new metal (and old) in this stuff 8)

Good stuff as long as you follow the instructions.
Try the small starter kit if you are unsure - It contains the Cleaner, Metal Ready (as mentioned by Sparkywig) and the POR15, and will easily do a few coats of say a cargo floor area with some to spare (it goes on thin).

I'd recommend buying it via Holden's, - they were good to deal with (had a problem with my order and they sorted it out).

And there's also the class video demonstration video with "Roy" - Definitely worth a look...

http://www.holden.co.uk/displayProductsByBrand.asp?brand=POR-15&brandCode=Z7" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Walt said:
Good stuff as long as you follow the instructions.
Try the small starter kit if you are unsure - It contains the Cleaner, Metal Ready (as mentioned by Sparkywig) and the POR15, and will easily do a few coats of say a cargo floor area with some to spare

I agree with trying a starter kit because, although it goes on ok, I don't rate it.

Sorry to go against the trend on this thread of people liking it but I have seen a few threads over the years on the subject on Vzi. Might be worth doing a search there to see what you think.

I read somewhere, might have been vzi, a few people had loads of problems, used the correct products, followed all the instructions to the letter, but found it flaked off in sheets after only a few years.:(
I know it's not fashionable to say this, but the 10 yr old hammerite on the underside of my van is doing brilliantly. No rusting through, no flaking:)

There was a test in one of the classic car magazines a year or so ago where it didn't come out very well

Flaky crap even when following instructions and products. F minus.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Latest posts