Porsche front seats

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Welly

Reaction score
Never fitted front seats before but have had these kicking around for last 8 years, gonna have a crack at fitting them this weekend I think, is there anything I need to do or is it as simple as bolting through the 2 holes in the sliders at each side?

Not quite as simple ..

You'll find that when the original seats are out the mounting area is not flat, so you have to fabricate spacers to level the seat up.. Easy enough,and just smallish spacers needed..

Im quite close to York if you need a look at mine ..

Hilly

Hilly_70 said:
Not quite as simple ..

You'll find that when the original seats are out the mounting area is not flat, so you have to fabricate spacers to level the seat up.. Easy enough,and just smallish spacers needed..

Im quite close to York if you need a look at mine ..

Hilly

Cheers Hilly,

I've managed to get the drivers seat out and the mountings look like they are part of the van, so do I drill holes then put spacers on to clear the old runners?

Hi - fitted mine a few years ago - I removed the seat runners to get them level and then reused part of them to space it accordingly

It's worth the effort :)

42DFBC5B-8FD5-4807-8630-35732892EF21-1532-0000013F84EE0C85_zpsebbf17be.jpg

Yeah id remove them too .. ( I removed mine)

Just drill out the spot welds and they pop off..

Good luck with it :)

Hilly

sparkywig said:
Did you mount the driver's seat at an angle, or you'll be off-centre to the steering wheel and pedals.

I did but not as much as I thought although when sitting it feels ok.

I'm also putting 996 seats in and they have seatbelt clips built in will a normal early bay seat belt fit?

Latest posts