Porsche seats......how to fit em ?

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chris

Reaction score
just bought some porsche 924/944 seats off ebay. came with runners. can see 4 holes to bolt them down with. back ones easy to get at with seat forward, but front ones look like they will be harder to get at, as seat wont go back enough. anyone got any ideas or fitted them before
thanks
Chris

i think you may have the same ones as i have - which i am slowly getting around to fitting.

what i had planned was to possibly weld a nut on the inner rail and bolt it in from inside the wheel arch. however, not sure there is enough clearance to do this as i havent checked - just my plan :)

I welded a couple of tabs onto the runners to make them easier to fit and refit and then refit while I'm doing the bus.

seatfit005.jpg

seatfit006.jpg

i will be fitting the same seats in my bay,ive come up with a couple of ideas,
Firstly take runners off of the seats,you can now either put longer bolts in the runners and put a half nut on to hold them in place refit runners to seats and fit them in any position you want or weld the bolts in place on the runners,the later being the best result i think,either way you can fit them in any position you choose as you dont have to have access to the bolts

thanks for the advice guys.
have just finished fitting them. what a night mare. managed to mark up to drill the 4 holes in the wheel arch easily enough. put all 4 bolts into the runnersand slotted them in. had to pack out under the rails abit as wanted to leave the original seat track in place. the 2 bolts under the wheel arch were easy, but the 2 inner ones were a b*st*rd. trying to get hands and spanner in a small hole under the seat to tighten the lock nuts was near impossible. took a couple of hours in the end. not looking forward to taking them out over the winter to get em recovered !!
sparkywig, your idea looks the best bet. did you remove the original seat track ?

Latest posts