Portable tyre inflator.

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Velgreeno

Reaction score
Hey folks. Just wondering if anyone uses rechargeable portable tyre inflators for your buses at all ? If so what do you folks use ? It would have to be rechargeable and portable as i dont have a ciggy lighter in my bus that works because it involves electrics and im banning myself from electrics. (If you know you know 😳😆) Cheers 🤙.

Last edited:
Have you thought about a ‘normal’ car tyre inflator, but buying an adapter that turns a cigarette lighter input, to crocodile clips to pop straight onto your battery?

This is what we’ve done, mainly because of not wanting to purchase another device with charger etc.

1685126482887.png
In the bottom left corner of the engine bay, the switch has a fuse and is wired straight to the leisure battery.
Bought an inflator off eBay for about 20 quid. Does the job if required. It uses the cig. lighter you can just see behind the wire.

J & P
:D:D:D

I’ve got an inflator that I’ve had since the eighties :cool: I used it when I had motorbikes and when I was a builder, for the vans and the wheelbarrows. I’ve still got the same one today although by todays standards it’s maybe a little lumpy and slow, but look after them and let them cool for a few minutes in between tyres and it’ll last forever. Mine is much modified now but originally came with a plug to pop in a lighter socket with a cap to go over it plus it had two crocodile connections as well so you could use either or. Now here is the master plan, get a small twelve volt battery second hand that used to be a motorcycle or alarm battery and pop that in the left hand side of the noisey cupboard for emergency use only. I’ve got one like that with strip lights for in the noisey cupboard just in case. Or just buy a cordless one and remember to keep it charged. The inflators that come with modern cars are very very compact now, if you could perhaps purloin one of these and have a spare battery just for that!

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,,,Options options and more options :)

Cheers for the reply folks. Well i think for now im going to get a rechargeable inflator i think that i can plug in a home and take out. I have basic electrics in my bus untill i can get my leisure etc working. Some of you folks know about that and ive banned myself from that depatment 😳😆. A cordless hand held is probably the best option for me right now. 🤙

Last edited:
Cheers for the reply folks. Well i think for now im going to get a rechargeable inflator i think that i can plug in a home and take out. I have basic electrics in my bus untill i can get my leisure etc working. Some of you folks know about that and ive banned myself from that depatment 😳😆. A cordless hand held is probably the best option for me right now. 🤙
There are little power plants involving a ‘booster’ type battery thingy with a pump in and possibly a little solar as well, there’s almost unimaginable thing’s available now on that there net.

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,, I gotta try not to buy anything while I’m looking :)

Well i got a rechargeable cordless inflator from Amazon and its just came now. Hope its good 🤙.

Latest posts