Possible dizzy replacement

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

froggy

Reaction score
Currently run a JUP4 0231 137 035 dizzy in mu '69 Singleport 1600 Bay but could i fit something like this http://www.simonbbc.com/distributor...osch-powerspark-electronic-distributor-vw-bus
Would this work on a SP or do i need something with a big vac can the same as i currently have?
Another option would be this http://www.simonbbc.com/powerspark-kits/bosch-034-009-vw-powerspark-electronic-ignition-kit but for an extra £40 a new dizzy sounds nice.
Would either of these be a useful upgrade to my current set up or can you recommend anything else (sorry but cant afford a 1-2-3 set up :lol:)

anyone tried one of those bosch power spark 034 dizzys??

certainly a lot cheaper than the 123 that I'm considering, but there is usually a reason for that

Beware, that 'new' dizzy looks suspiciously like one of those cheap (copy??) 009's that are of inferior (crap!) quality, it seems to cheap to be true, so probably is!!

This is no substitute for a genuine 009 and Petronix electronic ignition module.

:)

Have been scanning the samba just lately (what else can you do at 3 in a morning bored senseless at work?)
and have been told 1 of the best dizzy's to get a Bosch 019, it was / is basically a pre 009 but the old cast iron body.
Apparently it has a far superior advance curve than a 009 meaning no flat spot. Was told this would also be the best dizzy should i ever go for twins. Anyone on here have any info or use this dizzy?
Think it was originally part of a screamer kit for early bugs and used in some porsches from the 50/60's?

Yeah have emailed Glenn just wandering what is so special about this dizzy?
Its a lot of money (works outs around the same price as a 123 system) yet everyone on the samba raves about it

Latest posts