Powerspark Electonic ignition system install

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lizardman99

Reaction score
Hi there guy i have been looking for a new electronic ignition system to install in to my van i noticed a few different shops on the flea-bay and went round comparing prices from different shopfronts i came across simonbbc who was the cheapest.

The item was well packed and in a small clear plastic box with easy to follow instructions on the back

As for installation there really is not much to talk about here was a 10 minute job (with a cup of tea ;) ) simply took the points out and replaced it woth the 'Powerspark' system and now every thing works fine now he dose the distributors as well might have to get my self one of those as well.

Improvements-
only took a few minutes to install and no more messing around with the points
Better Spark
Fires up First time every time (so far)
good customer service

Disadvantages-
I got cold in this horrible British weather

has any one else brought anything from him. No images atm as board quota has been reached

From the Lizardman99

Was that the early Blue kits because my mate had one of those from somewhere and they had problems but the new Powerspark kit the red one is the business most of the others are £30 but their site has the at more like £27, I got one anyway after being told about it by a mate who has had his for a bit... aren't the reliants those small things with 3 wheels :D ?

yeah a lot of the blue ones died in a hot engine. some of the red ones have too, but not many.

reliant :) this is mine

149009_10150322834445646_682285645_15806441_7990741_n.jpg

note the numberplate ;)

1. Just take out the 2 screws on the points set
2. Add some white grease from the kit to the bottom of the new module
3. Place the trigger ring over shaft.
4. place new rotor arm on top of the shaft (if you have brought one).
5. Line up the screws and new module giving you about a 1mm gap between the trigger ring and module
6. Attach the red wire to the live of the coil
7. The black wire to the negative side of the coil
8. Cup of tea
9. Done

Here is an image from my phone sorry its a bit naff
VWdizzy.jpg