Poxy csp brake kit

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bigbear

Reaction score
I'm after a bit of advice from anyone who has fitted a disc conversion kit from csp.

Firstly, the master cylinder on my bus doesn't have the bearing to remove so I ordered the two fittings that screw into the master cylinder, however, these do not fit!

Secondly, after fitting the first disc I noticed that it catches the bottom of the spindle with the inside edge of the disc, can I shim the whole thing out a few mm to miss the edge or shall i just shave a few mm off the bottom arm of the spindle with a grinder?

Starting to wish I'd never ordered this kit!!

Fitted this kit on a 56 oval and a 65 splitbus..with no problems.

On my split i needed a 'vacuum type' master cylinder, are you using that.

You probably allready have this:

Now with a correct link:

http://www.csp-shop.com/cgi-bin/cshop2/front/shop_main.cgi?func=htmlserv&tmpl=shop_text_csp.html&content=std_technik_montageanleitungen&wkid=880072505015#montage_csp_bremse" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

This kit goes through TÜV, the best legal kit out there.
R.

Have you contacted csp? i fitted one of these kits to a mates bus with no problem, csp stuff is well designed and i would imagine they would give ou instructions if a mod needed to be done.

radish said:
Have you contacted csp? i fitted one of these kits to a mates bus with no problem, csp stuff is well designed and i would imagine they would give ou instructions if a mod needed to be done.

I've e mailed them mate, if I don't get a response today then il call them tommorrow.

Do you remember how close the inner part of the disc was to the spindle casting when you fitted them?

Just replied to your inbox mate

Did you leave the spindle spigot ring on the spindle? With out this the disc/rotor will sit closer to the casting

f59706c1f2847bf97239d17a57246c87.jpg

2A7C322E-0CC3-4DAB-B7F3-C6DCC445769D.jpg

kleinbusRonnie said:
Oops, now I changed the link.

But I think '68 early bay' pointed it out..it must be that spigot ring that's missing !

Cheers !
R.

Nope, spigot ring is still in place. Turns out that it has been pointed out to csp by their workshops that the discs can occasional sit very close or even touch, csp rang me yesterday and said they are not happy for me to alter any of their components or any or my existing components as it compromises safety, they are having my discs collected today and sending out a replacement set , they are now shamfering off the inner edge of their discs to a 45 degree angle rather than the current 90 degree which allows more clearance, they also pointed out that my MC is from a 71 bus so therefore does not need modifying at all.

Great customer service from csp and hopefully all will be resolved soon.

Can't wait to get the bus back on the ground!! :D

Bigbear said:
kleinbusRonnie said:
Oops, now I changed the link.

But I think '68 early bay' pointed it out..it must be that spigot ring that's missing !

Cheers !
R.

Nope, spigot ring is still in place. Turns out that it has been pointed out to csp by their workshops that the discs can occasional sit very close or even touch, csp rang me yesterday and said they are not happy for me to alter any of their components or any or my existing components as it compromises safety, they are having my discs collected today and sending out a replacement set , they are now shamfering off the inner edge of their discs to a 45 degree angle rather than the current 90 degree which allows more clearance, they also pointed out that my MC is from a 71 bus so therefore does not need modifying at all.

Great customer service from csp and hopefully all will be resolved soon.

Can't wait to get the bus back on the ground!! :D

Glad they could help you, always worth contacting the company involved directly, they are normally best suited to help in these situtaions!

Nice to hear that it seems to get sorted out.
And CSP also learned something :)
They are nice and proff guys, i've been in their shop a few times (it' close to Denmark).

A cheaper option would have been to swap to brakes from a 72-79, I did that on my 68' (but it gave me different stud patterns, as i left the rear untouched)
I should have bought the CSP kit, as I did for my splitbus..

/Ronnie

Latest posts