Pretty in white(lots of pictures) undersealing for winter

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hodgins

Reaction score
:D From this

to this

Filthy horrid job but worth the end result. I chose white as it'll show any rust coming through, given it's an at home job, and also because it looks nice on a desert patina'd van. Hours of reading various reviews and test etc online and I decided on a 5 stage process! Pressure wash, followed by wire brush followed by rust killer then etch primer, then epoxy mastic and finally stone chip. I live by the sea so figure an at home job is better than a non job :lol:

That does look great! I'm hoping to do similar to mine soon - how much of a wire brushing did you give it? right down to bare metal or just enough to take the loose bits off?

I only took off the muck and flaky stuff. You know when the original stuff is stuck good as it kind of just "melts" as the wheel hits it. I don't see the point of removing the sound stuff as it's just extra protection imho

I used etch primer before using the epoxy mastic, and yes it has stuck like the proverbial to a fluffy blanket :)

Latest posts