Problems with JK sliding window

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Morten

Reaction score
Hi. I have bought a sliding window from JK: http://www.justkampers.com/rear-sliding-window-nearside-left-vw-t2-bay-1967-1979-including-seal.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
My problem is how to fit it. I have installed several of windows in VWs, but can't seem to figure out how to install this :shock: Regards Morten

We fitted a middle window version of this. It should have an aluminium flange around the outside this locates in the rubber in exactly the same way as the glass would. Fitting is exactly the same as glass ie lots of swearing

Do you fit the rubber them force the window with rubber in to the aperture as there isn't an internal lip like convention window rubbers?

Wait I now see the large black flat lip like your existing windows goes on the inside not the outside :lol:

Did everyone install them okay?

Any pictures? :poke:

These are on my purchase list. It's a long list. :?

there you go, garage who fitted it confirmed lots of swearing required. rubber seal slightly pinched in bottom corner on inside but no biggy and I'm optimistic a good blast with hot air will warm into place

window slides open fine and is secure enough though definitely less secure than a none sliding pane of glass!

for a £99.50 (without discount) inc the seal its a good deal

Thanks for the feedback buddy.

It looks good and should be better for ventalation! :)

Latest posts