propex heaters

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RichardAlexander

Reaction score
Year of Your Van(s)
Van Type
Westfalia
looking to fit to fit a propex heater model HS2211, it is the external mounted one. has anyone used one of these? are they any good? really don't want to fit one inside

I have one slung under our bus, its housed in a galvanised tray.
It sits under in the centre towards the rear and is plumbed into the bus heating channel.
Works great and keeps toastie warm. PM me if you have any questions.

J & P
:D :D :D

Hi gas1man,

What valve did you use for that and how did you plumb it into the heating channel, I'm wanting to do the same but with a eberspacher d2.

Thanks

So I cut into the main heating channel. Installed a Y piece and ducted it to the propex.
I then installed a butterfly valve in the inlet to the propex to protect it from the engine air flow.
Only use the propex when on site opening the valve allows warm air from propex.
Butterfly valve was self engineered.

J & P

Andykn said:
Hi gas1man,

What valve did you use for that and how did you plumb it into the heating channel, I'm wanting to do the same but with a eberspacher d2.

Thanks

I'm just away to take out my heater boxes and go to J pipes and even though i'm in a place that doesn't get that cold, i'm considering this as a back up option in case I miss them too much.

I was considering mounting it under the van and connecting into the original system, either mounting it right at the front or into where the long heater pipe is. I've not figured out where to put fuel tank though.

One thing i'm trying to work out is if the D2 can be run on no heat and just the fan, would be good to get the possibility of airflow when the van is stopped or going slow.

Check out Plannar diesel heaters, they are Russian. I have had one for a while now, i initially fitted it wrong so had issues running it but it is fantastic. they are about £500 https://www.planarheaters.co.uk/
I got mine off a Russian fella on ebay for £350ish

Huge thanks to @gas1man for all the photos he has sent me of his external propex set up

Latest posts