Pulley wheels out of alignment???

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

harper1980

Reaction score
Could anyone please help me,
I've rebuilt my 1600 twinport and replaced with an alternater I didn't notice at the time but it's now in the van and running I noticed rubber dust in my engine bay I have now noticed that the alternater pulley is about 1cm further out than the crank pulley,has anybody come across this?or has anyone got any advice Please?

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

You can try loosening the strap and pushing the alt in as far as it goes(without the belt). While holding it in, tighten the strap. Check for free spin of the fan afterwards. Might solve your problem.
Abel

Cheers Abel that's great il give it a go tomorrow hopefully that will do the trick.

Did you change the plate the alternator fixes to at the same time? There is a very slight difference between the dynamo and alternator plates, about 5mm from memory, but it might be 10mm??

Yes I did, I changed the front and back plate as ive gone from generater to alternater,is there anyway I can sort this as it's chewing my belt as it is?

Latest posts