push rod tubes

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dave

Reaction score
Hi , how easy is it to replace the pushrod tubes with the engine in place, looking at "telescopic " tubes, what ones are best as i have seen prices from £4.50 to £47 each!Any tips or suggestions welcome, Thanks in advance everyone!

Dave

Spooky. I had 3 replaced today, wheels off, rocker cover off, somtging else off, old ones cut out, new ones put in, all very quick.

That was by the pro, not me :)

Hi!

Not too sure of the difference in quality in the adjustable ones, which if you have a upright 1600, this is what you need as technically you need the removes the heads to fit the fixed tubes, hence adjustable ones available for this.

If you have the later flat engine, like the 1700, which is the same style as the T25, then pushrod tubes can be removed in situ, without taking the engine apart, just off with the rocker covers, rockers, pull out the pushrods, and then the tubes will come out.

There is a ridge or something which stops the tubes being removed on the earlier engines, so the adjustable ones are used if you dont wanna take the engine apart.

AFAIK anyway.

Cheers!

Alistair

Latest posts