Putting in a gearbox by yourself

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I managed to get my gearbox back in the other weekend using a scaffold plank and wedges. Seemed to work ok as i couldn't lift it on to a trolley jack myself once it was in the engine bay.

Very short video for y'all to laugh at

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7PtFPXw1AtE" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I lay on my back and put the box on my chest and slid under the bus......
I figured I had a few minutes to lift it and bolt it before I passed out :lol:
Since I'm typing this you can guess it worked but mine is a crossover so it was a little easier with the two bell housing bolts

StuF said:
Happystamps said:
I just used an trolley jack, like a sane person.

:)

You is CRAZY :lol:

I think you missed the point there Stu,,,, He said `like` a sane person, because we all know that Simon AKA HappyStamps has got several pages missing out of `his ` book and is absolutely, raving, barking, bonkers. ;)

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,,,,, But only on a good day :mrgreen:

bertiethebus said:
Happystamps said:
I just used an trolley jack, like a sane person.

:)
From the guy who definitely has had some of his cheese slip off his cracker :lol:

Laughed out loud and sprayed coffee all over the laptop and the kitchen table. His reputation definitely goes before him. He`s the same in real life too, you just never ever ever know what is gonna come out of his mouth. Him and his lady are some of the best. I can`t wait till he comes out to camp with us , he can`t be far off doing that this year :mrgreen:

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, Luvvvin it :mrgreen:

Haha, I'd forgotten that I've met a few of ya!

Van wise, couple of weeks, hopefully? It's so close! Just need to bleed the brakes, fit some front seat brackets, stuff.... Depends on what the MOT man says, he might just shut the whole thing down because it's rubbish.

We ARE heading off in June though... To South America, for six months. Given up my job, bought a snorkel..... So gonna have to get it on the road and in a field with you guys pretty sharpish!

Latest posts