Quick horn question!

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hipshaker

Reaction score
Hi all

I need a quick and easy way to disconnect the horn, it's sounding randomly. Is it just a case of taking a fuse out? If so, which one?

Or is that too easy?????

The horn is bundle the front left side of the van, just pull a wire off.
When you say it's sounding randomly is it when steer ? Do you have to moving ?

You probably need to replace the isolator between the steering column and the metal dome on the bottom, where the two meet. It shorts out and therefor goes of.
Pulling a wire of the horn is probably the easiest 'fix' for now.

Wire disconnected ... Many thanks. The forum is a great place for a technical incompetent like myself!

I'll get it sorted properly though ... It's needed doing for a while.

If you do change the rubber donut a word of warning, I got my part from GSF and after fitting the horn kept going off when I tuned the wheels.

It transpired the metal reinforcing was protruding into each bolt hole, it was the shorting/earthing on the metal inserts and bolts, I resolved this buy using heat shrink on the inserts. The easiest option is to make sure you buy genuine VW part and check each bolt hole before you put it on the van.

It drove me crackers and i stripped and rebuilt the entire column before finding the fault.

jasynesa.jpg

Latest posts