Quick question about the engine inlet manifold heater tube??

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yackaboo

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

Can anybody tell me if the tube that I think acts as a heater tube for the carb inlet manifold is a through tube or is it plugged in the middle? I was cleaning mine today but couldnt get any solvent to go in one end and out of the other so I dont know if it is blocked or is made with a plug in the middle of it.

Thanks for any help.

Mike

Spent chuffin hours unblocking mine!

I used an old piece of clutch cable on a drill which worked well, combined with soaking it in sodium hydroxide solution - not at the same time obviously.

Worked in the end but was a tough slog

Thanks guys for all the advice, mine is all unblocked now, in the end I tried neat sodium hydroxide solution that we use at work for the ultrasonics tank, it started to soften the carbon up a bit but I got impatient and ended up drilling a small hole throught the tube on one of the bends,then shoved a bit of welding wire into the tube and stuck an electric onto it and drilled through to crud and cleared the airway then welded the hole back up. :D

Mike

Latest posts