rare as rocking horse s**t westfalia SO69 interior on German

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

noddy

Reaction score
http://cgi.ebay.de/VW-T1-Org-Westfalia-Campingmobel-/120624802361?pt=Autoteile_Zubeh%C3%B6r&hash=item1c15cc6a39" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

You wont be seeing one of these for sale again for a few years fits a full bulk head van or blocks off the walk through.
Do a web search and see how may of these you find "westfalia SO69"

There was a mint complete van for sale at Vanfest, a 68 I recall, I have some pictures amongst my Vanfest Gallery. The rear cupboard obscures the rear window and the walkthough is blocked .... they are rare, but not sure how desireable from a practical perspective?

Clem said:
The rear cupboard obscures the rear window and the walkthough is blocked .... they are rare, but not sure how desireable from a practical perspective?

Thats why they are rare :lol: They were not popular.

yeh probably right they wouldnt have been very desirable back in the day but does that make them more desirable/valuble today.
The beauty of it is that you have a full size bed in the back (as spare wheel is under the bench seat in the front) and as its a left hooker you can look over your shoulder and look out the side windows not at a wardrobe ( westy drivers would understand
only had good comments about it so far ,so cant be that unliked.

Our new project bus is a 69 so69/3 stockholm.it has the bulkhead cooker with the 3/4 bed withside wardrobe and overhead cargo net.

guys - could this be one ?

http://www.flickr.com/photos/46103699@N06/5020350006/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

this was mine

http://s422.photobucket.com/albums/pp303/iarmstr1/westfalia/?start=40" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Cracking EB interior and one of the only ones that had, 2 burner cooker, sink, and fridge not cool box.
Most EB westies only have a cool box and a sink due to US regulations on having cookers in vans or at least that's what Ive been told.

One at Vanfest -

100_6610.jpg

100_6609.jpg

100_6608.jpg

noddy said:
this was mine

http://s422.photobucket.com/albums/pp303/iarmstr1/westfalia/?start=40" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Cracking EB interior and one of the only ones that had, 2 burner cooker, sink, and fridge not cool box.
Most EB westies only have a cool box and a sink due to US regulations on having cookers in vans or at least that's what Ive been told.

cant believe you got rid of it thats a very nice example

Tell me about it, I feel like crying some times, but I just didnt have enough cash for the bay and a syncro. Looking at what prices mint original vans are up at makes me feel sick and I only got rid of mine about this time last year and asking prices are up around 4K on good vans, I would be surprised if many sell at such high prices.
The bay was just too underpowered for touring Europe, and I didnt want to go down the upgrade everything route as it was so original it was still in OG paint apart from the sliding door.
I sold it to a good friend who I know loves it and takes good care of the old girl, and Im now going to keep the syncro and do all the things I planed which will cost me a fortune but I will have a van that does what I want.

noddy said:
Tell me about it, I feel like crying some times, but I just didnt have enough cash for the bay and a syncro. Looking at what prices mint original vans are up at makes me feel sick and I only got rid of mine about this time last year and asking prices are up around 4K on good vans, I would be surprised if many sell at such high prices.
The bay was just too underpowered for touring Europe, and I didnt want to go down the upgrade everything route as it was so original it was still in OG paint apart from the sliding door.
I sold it to a good friend who I know loves it and takes good care of the old girl, and Im now going to keep the syncro and do all the things I planed which will cost me a fortune but I will have a van that does what I want.

Ah so Im not the only Syncro fan on here ! I enjoyed my Caravelle but really needed a camper ...

noddy said:

True.
For safety you weren't allowed a cooker in a small van.
It was/is however perfectly ok to carry a selection of guns around with you :? :?

Earlybay I remember your syncro being up for sale, I use 80-90 ID is sandwege.

I think most of the SO69 range that are in America were supplied as tourist delivery, hence why the have cookers because it was a Euro spec vehicle, then shipped to the USA after the American owner had toured Europe, or was it American service personnel in Germany shipping their vehicles home.
Im not sure if this was also a way to get round import duty ie personal import.

Oslo_mark69 said:
really rare but I have one :D

and I have the s042 turret top too :D :D :D :D :D

how are you doing mark, glad to see our old bus is doing you well, she still looking good, we have a late bay now, tend to go on the latebay site more now, are you doing ocktober fest??, neil ;)

Here are some pics of our new project bus, So69/Stockholm these didn't sell in big numbers as mentioned before by Noddy, plus they were a lot more expensive compared to a campmobile.
P5280327_0702-1.jpg

P5280333_0708.jpg

P5280334_0709.jpg

P5280336_0711.jpg

P5280345_0720.jpg

P5280398_0773.jpg

P5280424_0931.jpg

P5280342_0717.jpg

retrocars said:
Oslo_mark69 said:
really rare but I have one :D

and I have the s042 turret top too :D :D :D :D :D

how are you doing mark, glad to see our old bus is doing you well, she still looking good, we have a late bay now, tend to go on the latebay site more now, are you doing ocktober fest??, neil ;)

yes mate were doing Oktoberfest. Since we got it from you,its had new boots and a new motor after the old one blew a piston . will be stripping it back over the winter ,new front clip, seals and will spin it upside down to do all the chassis and sills . so gt my work cut out this winter

Latest posts