Re: 1970 Westfalia - San Diego , California resto.

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Alpine Burt said:
Looking great 8) Looking forward to checking this out at Busfest

Tom

waza said:
Looking Sweet o_o

Cheers guys , getting excited now , time is flying for me and Busfest will be here in no time.
I need to ship this bus to the UK no later than the last week of June.

Pictures sent to me today.
Dashboard without any cracks , we installed a newer upper lip and it looks great.

Fresh coat of black paint.

Some other pieces get a freshen up touch.

Juan,
I am going to be shipping over a Bus too this year...I saw you mentioned last week of June for shipping? That seems a bit pre-mature...last week of July I think would be the deadline?

Or am I missing something? :shock:

mroldbug said:
Juan,
I am going to be shipping over a Bus too this year...I saw you mentioned last week of June for shipping? That seems a bit pre-mature...last week of July I think would be the deadline?

Or am I missing something? :shock:

You are right Randy , last week of july would be my deadline for it to arrive on time for Busfest.
I arrive august 24th and would like to take it to Normandy for a few days before the show but time is flying so as long as it's there on time for Busfest I'm good.

Is that mean you are going then ? It was nice talking to you at El Prado show a few weeks ago.

Here are some updates on the bus:

Front bumper with stainless steel bolts and all new rubbers.

Rear window , apron and a few curtains now in.

Still waiting for 2 more wheels to arrive from the powdercoating shop but front ones now sport new tires and stainless steel caps.

Thanks for the clarification...I was about to have a heart attack if it needed to leave this week!

Yes...after seeing you at the shows and giving it some deep thought...I really do need to go and bring my middle son with me like I did with his older brother a few years back. It was one of the most memorable and rewarding experiences I have ever had with one of my kids. It just has to happen!

I am going to bring that super clean all original Bus that you saw at the show. Its a once in a lifetime find...and what better for a once in a lifetime trip?

As always...your project Bus looks stellar! Really nice work my friend. Whoever ends up with it will be very very happy!

I look forward to seeing your sombrero in the crowd over there!!

A combination of several situations have led me to decide not to ship this bus for Busfest after all , it pains me to chance my plans but I'm left with no choice.
The major problem was not being able to get a Title in time to ship the bus , I have some electrical issues too that I am still working on so is just not happening this time :cry:

I am still going to Busfest and on holiday to France and England but without a bus.

What do you guys think , is Volksworld show a good place to sell a bus ? I've always wanted to go to that show and that gives me plenty of time to plan and finish the bus.

Latest posts