Re-wiring

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scampi

Reaction score
Anyone know if you can buy a full kit for re wiring your van and where they are available from.

Something I need to do and it's going to take me a long time. Electrics are my worst nightmare :cry:

Managed to get it through the MOT okay but it needs doing properly.

Thanks dudes

I am not sure if this would help but i do have a brand new loom made up for my previous van that i never got round to fitting. it was for a RHD 74 bay.

It wasnt cheap mind you, i think i paid about £130ish. I will see if i can fish it out of my garage this weekend.

not sure it would fit but i cant see the looms changing that much for the bays really.

if you are interested let me know otherwise it will be going on sale very soon

£130 sounds quite cheap for a new loom.

If you wanted a purpose made custom loom with uprated & additional wiring, look on http://www.autoelectricsolutions.co.uk John can incorparate a fuel injection loom or anything else you need... It won't be as cheap but would be the best you could get.

My mate just had one of his looms and it was about that price aswell. Quality looms by the looks of things. Especially as he had to add extra wires for about 6 extra gauges :shock: 8)

If you would look dude that would be grand and if you could put me some pictures up or PM them me!

I will try and find out more info if it will fit in the meantime!

Anyone else knoe if the early bay wiring looms are different to the later ones?

Scampi

no probs dude, I am going down to night so will fish it out.

says me like i know exactly where it is,

will pm you tomorrow.

i bought the loom for a 1974 rhd bay running a 1641 if

The guy who makes em from scratch is called Ron Richman from Trowbridge.

I will try and find out his phone number etc asap. :D

Some handy wire diagrams there. Nice one 8)

i managed to get the loom form my garage and then my gf's grandfather passed away so i have been running around this weekend organising flights and getting her to the airport to go home.

I will get some pics tonight for you and post them up tomorrow

cheers

Sorry to hear that mate! Difficult times I know :cry:

I was just about to post up that I found that the looms are different anyway so they are no good to me unfortunately.

But thanks for the offer mate.

Scampi

Not at all sorry!

Posted a thread up on the samba and spoke to some guy from Busdepot.com also and they just said that it was a definate no no!

Latest posts