Rear bump stops

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

66nige

Reaction score
Ok, so it's the dreaded M-O-T time next week :cry: and i'm missing a rear snowman bump stop. Was wondering if this is required for the test and also, how the hell do you fit new ones? I've ordered 2 new ones from VW Heritage thinkin they will just clip on or something, but i've discovered that you just get the lump of vulcanised snowman shaped rubber with a hole up the middle. My cup/plate that it fits to hasn't got a stud or anything to plug it onto so was a bit stumped really.........or am i missing something? :oops:
Cheers Nige

im under the impression that if they are damaged and fitted they are an MOT fail, if they are not fitted then it wont fail MOT.
i might be wrong but its worked for me, i removed both as someone had just cut them down.

Hi Nige
Sounds like the bumpstop plate might have been cut off?
Should look like this.
WP_20150403_002.jpg

As you can see ive had to cut my rubber down as the bus is lowered, these were left off completely when I bought the bus which is common on lowered busses and made no difference to passing the mot last 2 years.

The top cup should have a round peg that pushes into the rubber bumpstop, no clips just a bit of washing up liquid.

Mike

Skidsurf said:
Hi Nige
Sounds like the bumpstop plate might have been cut off?
Should look like this.
WP_20150403_002.jpg

As you can see ive had to cut my rubber down as the bus is lowered, these were left off completely when I bought the bus which is common on lowered busses and made no difference to passing the mot last 2 years.

The top cup should have a round peg that pushes into the rubber bumpstop, no clips just a bit of washing up liquid.

Mike

I have the same as you Mike without the cut down rubber, i'm guessing the peg must have corroded off then! :shock: I'll try to get something tacked on to it over winter but if its not an issue M-O-T wise then i'll leave it for now. More worried about the slight 'knock' in the steering box to be honest! :cry:
Thanks for the replies guys, Nige.

Latest posts